IS IT IMPORTANT EATING TOGETHER WITH OUR CHILDREN OUTSIDE THE HOUSE?
How many times a month you eat together with your children outside the house? Once, twice, or maybe never? Or you only do it on one of your family birthdays?
From now, try to make eating together outside the house activity becomes a moment that important as other activities. Because evidently, eating together with family outside the house has extraordinary benefits.
Some of my students said that eating with family outside the house is a moment that they missed so much. Eat outside the house doesn’t mean you have to eat at restaurant. We can do that in public places like City Park.
Some tips that create eating together outside the house atmosphere is with embed the character education on your children:
1) Invite all family members to decide the menu then mom preparing the food according to the menu choices of family members.
2) Involve all family members to prepare the food together. Children are given task of carrying according to their abilities. After exercise in park, we can open our packed meal and start eating together.
3) Give the child confidence to take food as they wish but ask them a promise to spend the food they’ve taken. It means they should learn the responsible to spend what they’ve taken.
4) Show affection with serve each other like get the dishes for other or say thank you.
5) Ask them to pray before eat. This teach the children to respect and be grateful over the meal.
6) Ask them about the taste of the food and ask what kind of food they want to eat next time. This will train the children to say their wish which is will hone their confidence.
7) Show the table manner like don’t talk when food is full in the mouth, don’t chew with open mouth and don’t make a sound, don’t say the words “bathroom”, don’t take the food that far from their place but asking a help to get it with say thank you, don’t take something from teeth with open mouth, don’t use hand but use tissue to wipe their lip.
Hopefully eating together outside the house activity becomes beautiful moment that will always be missed our children even when they’re married later.