HOW TO INTRODUCE SEX EDUCATION TO CHILDREN
Rampant cases of sexual violence against children and pedophile cases cause concern for parents. Because sexual violence against children happens almost every time and near with us. Not only done by people that we don’t know, often even done by the nearest people which is caused by deviant behavior from the offender and the inability of the child to resist their treatment.
It’s important for us as parents to teach them about sexual education since they were a child, not only to daughter but also son.
How to introduce sex education to children :
1) Teach them about the concept of gender differences to children. Mom needs to teach the gender differences between male and female. Start from teach them how to dress and how to use toilet according to their gender. Give them example that male will be like father and female will be like mother.
2) Tell them the part of their body that cannot be seen or touched by someone. Give them explanation that there are some part of the body that can’t be seen or touched by someone, for example chest, lips, reproductive organs and buttocks.
3) Grow the sense of courage in children. Teach them to be brave to tell their parents if they get inappropriate treatment on the part of their body that can’t be seen or touched by someone even though the child is threatened by the offender.
4) Instill the culture of shame in children. Explain to them the boundaries in playing with the opposite gender. Instill the culture of shame so the child doesn’t take off or change clothes in public.
5) Keep the children away from gadgets. Let them play gadget or let them download games without parents supervision will get bad impact. A lot of pornographic content and inappropriate behavior are hidden from games that will be seen by children.
6) Give them limit to watch television. Many scenes in television shows that inappropriate for children to see. The nature of children is to mimic the television shows. So reduce their activity of watching television.
Hopefully this article is useful especially for all mothers in educating children